Greater Wisconsin Political Fund
The Greater Wisconsin Political Fund is a section 527 political organization that sponsors hard-hitting issue advocacy advertisements involving Wisconsin state and local public officials. As an independent political organization, the Greater Wisconsin Political Fund continuously conducts aggressive grassroots and media campaigns on the important public policy issues facing Wisconsin.
As an organization established by the Greater Wisconsin Committee, the Greater Wisconsin Political Fund shares in its public policy objectives including:
- Improving the state's economy for all Wisconsin citizens
- Protecting public education
- Creating and retaining good paying jobs
- Helping to make health care more affordable and accessible
- Protecting state and local funding for public education, police and fire, and other vital services
- Protecting Wisconsin's clean land, air and water.
- Preserving and improving Wisconsin's quality of life.
- Promoting open, honest and clean government in Wisconsin.
Through its media campaigns, the Greater Wisconsin Political Fund works to raise public awareness on the positions and actions of our public officials - all in support of its ongoing efforts to hold these public officials more accountable to the citizens of Wisconsin.
As an independent organization, Greater Wisconsin Political Fund does not work in cooperation with any state or local candidate in Wisconsin or with any individual or organization that could be considered an agent of a candidate. It does, however, cooperate and work with other independent organizations.
Under the recent United State Supreme Court case Citizens United, Greater Wisconsin Political Fund is allowed to expressly advocate for the election or defeat of candidates, as long as the properly paper work is filed with the state disclosing our donors. In addition, the Greater Wisconsin Political Fund is registered with the Internal Revenue Service and is required to file periodic reports that disclose its donors and expenditures. These reports are publicly available on the Internet.